Saturday, August 20, 2011

First pair almost done!

I finished my first Thelonious last Saturday, I love it!

Photobucket

Sock #2 has gone a lot faster, I'm sitting here grafting the toe in between typing. I finished the entire thing in under a week, with a lot of other projects going on, and my in-laws visiting.

Unfortunately, I'm going to take a temporary hiatus from my challenge as I set it. I know, one pair and I'm already wimping out?? Not exactly :) I'm part of an online community of fiber fiends, and with all the sock talk that's been going on lately, one of our resident dyers put up a challenge of his own - knit him a pair of socks in the pattern and yarn of his choosing, and he will dye 8 oz of fiber(roving, sock yarn, etc.) in the knitter's choice. Since an opportunity for this quality "man-dyed yarn" was too good to pass up, I will be pausing to add to the Dear Husband sock stash. While I wait for his sock yarn to arrive, I'll be doing a little spinning and doing some "karma projects" - helping out others in appreciation of the help I have received from other Moms in my online community.

Never fear, I will be updating, even though it's not technically scheduled programming, and hope to be back on track for the Cookie A. sock challenge soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment