Sunday, August 7, 2011

The project is underway

This will be a brief post since it is the wee hours of the morning, and since I have 2 sleeping children I should really join them. I attended Sock Summit on the 31st of July, I only did the marketplace this year, although of course even the marketplace had some workshops/lectures going on. Somehow I bought no sock yarn, but walked out with a good chunk of spinning fiber. So when I got home I made it my goal to spin a good sock weight yarn (sacrificing some merino/silk blend I had on hand for practice).

The end result:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
It wasn't as smooth as I might like for socks but it was good practice, and turned out 460 yds/4oz, so a perfect sock weight.

For fun, here is a picture of the fiber I got from Sock Summit, from Woolgatherings and Becoming Art (check them out on Etsy, and bring a drool bucket along, both AMAZING ladies/dyers!)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment