Friday, July 29, 2011

Sock Summit is here!

And I've picked my first socks to be made! I'll be making the Thelonious socks that can be seen at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/thelonious-sock, and I'll be making them in a brown Tonal sock yarn. After taking some measurements I decided to use a size 1 needle for the calf and size 0 from the heel to the toe. Today was mostly spent organizing my yarns and winding skeins into cakes and deciding on an actual pattern. I grabbed some photos of my starting supplies:

The book, the sock bible I will be working through for this project:
Photobucket

The starting yarns: Knitpicks (KP) essential sock (now stroll) in a solid green, brown tonal, and variegated pink/purple. Also 1 skein of Malabrigo sock that is dying to have a project to match it to.
Photobucket

Sock sized stitch markers made by my awesome sister-in-law:
Photobucket

And last but not least, the needles I have for starting. A selection of DPNs and a couple circulars for magic looping. Not a fan of magic looping socks, but if the pattern works better that way, so be it:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment