Saturday, May 12, 2012

Yoga and more goings on

So it goes without saying, that since Pi is 3, he has harnessed the energy of a tornado, and has an equally pleasant temperament as of late.  No matter what I try to do to channel it, he has been acting out horrendously.  I decided I was going to try to teach him yoga, since yoga teaching is something I'd love to do as a job, and because he needs focus. 

Of course when I tried to convince him we were going to do yoga, he would have none of it.  So I put on a Rodney Yee video, ignored him to the best of my ability, and settled into my own practice.  A few minutes later I glanced over, and he is standing in mountain pose with his hands over his head reaching for the sky.  I gave him a nod and told him it was a GREAT mountain, he was just and big as tall as a mountain could be.  A couple minutes later, he was next to my mat in a down dog.  Then on the end of my mat joining me in forward bends.  He did the whole practice with me, of his own choice!  And at the end, his mood was so much better.  I'm trying to think of good ways to sneak in more things like that now during the day.  School is so hectic lately I could use any break I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment