Sunday, April 20, 2014

Reflecting on Homeschool

We had been wavering for a while on whether or not to send Pi to public school.  I didn't want to because he tends to act out when he's bored, and I know he would be bored in public school.  He needs some structure but also gets frustrated so easily.  In a chance mention, my friend discussed Charlotte Mason homeschooling, which I'd never heard of.  She directed me to Ambleside Online and it was like a lightbulb went off.  This was what we were looking for, it's the perfect amount of structure and freeform curiosity based education!

As we are finishing our first week with lots of outdoor time and introducing copywork, I am so enthusiastic.  Pi is already planning his own garden and we'll be starting our nature books soon, and he can't WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment