Saturday, May 10, 2014

Flats challenge!

I'm finally doing it, after years of saying I would and chickening out.  This year, I'm doing the flats and handwashing challenge.

Run by Dirty Diaper Laundry, it's a challenge to teach people diapering with the bare necessities.  No washer, no dryer.  Simple, cheap diapers.  It's to prove that anyone CAN cloth diaper, regardless of income. 

So why, other than being crazy, did I decide to do this challenge this year?

1.  We sometimes use disposables camping.  I get intimidated by laundry without a washer.  I'd like to move past that, and this will force me to get comfortable with it.

2.  This will make me figure out a dryer-free routine.  The dryer heats up our house in summer and saving even one load will save on our energy bills in a bigger way.  Bonus!  This is forcing us to put up a clothesline and USE it.

3. It's a post-apocalyptic life skill.  Zombies coming?  I can outlast them WITH the baby.

Changing table is cleared up and ready!!

Pockets with flats for stuffing, for overnight or errands, flats in 3 different sizes for regular use.


No comments:

Post a Comment