Thursday, July 28, 2016

The end of the Bergman adventure, part 2

Eventually with some help from people on Ravelry, I was able to move my warp off of the Bergman and back on to the Nilus.  It was not fun, I don't know how I had the patience to stick with the project.  But I sort of got tabby sheds and put in lease sticks, and moved it and warped front to back.




Once the weaving started, it was done quickly and easily.  I was reminded by how very *reliable* my Nilus always has been.  I decided to invest in texsolv heddles to replace my breaking string heddles, and give it one more try.  I wound on some bronze 10/2 to make a handwoven cowl.  The structure needed a first floating selvedge.  It was a nightmare with the double back beam setup.  


I was able to complete the project just fine, but I realized that as fond as I was of the character of this loom, it was not up for the production kind of weaving that I needed it to do.  I ended up selling it as I finished up this scarf warp, and immediately replaced it with an 8 shaft Herald from Eugene Textile Center, and it came with a sectional.  A whole new thing to learn!



No comments:

Post a Comment