Sunday, March 5, 2017

Little by little, we settle

It's been a hectic month or so.  Weaving, just trying to move in and find places and spaces and TIME for everything.  The time is the hardest part.  I started back in my fitness routines, I've been doing p90x3 again since the beginning of January, and that is physically *exhausting*.  I'm really glad I'm doing it though.  7 weeks in now and the strength is starting to be noticeable.


I've made it a goal for the year to branch out my weaving.  The regulations passed on slings and wraps and whether I will continue remains to be seen - I'd love to, but can I make enough to justify testing?  It's hard to know yet.  If not, I'm not going to "quit" weaving though, I'll just continue on doing other things, and that's ok.  My first goal was to learn about band weaving.  I bought an inkle loom and am starting to bond with it.


The biggest thing though will be ramping up my production, basically to test as many structures and yarns as possible before the actual lab testing, and to see if my production can sustain enough income to be worth testing.  Year of testing, 2017.  It's a bit nervewracking to think of that way.

Currently, I'm testing this hand dyed (not by me) in 10/2 unmercerized georgia ringspun.  It's lovely and soft but it has given me FITS!  It's fuzzy, which is causing the small shed to be even more unstable, threads want to stick, and it breaks easily.  So slow going.  I'm sending this out as a tester for feedback, but I might have ruled this one out of my arsenal just by sheer annoyance of working with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment