Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Easy grain free cranberry muffins

Winter tends to be a time for indulgence for me normally, lots of hot coffee and baked goods.  This year with all of my autoimmune symptoms in full swing I have been much more careful about what I'm putting in my body, in hopes the inflammation will die down some.  But as much as I love cooking a scratch breakfast every morning (hahahaha, I'm the least morning person EVER) I needed something quick I could prepare ahead and nom on with a morning unsweetened coffee.

Enter my favorite winter combination: cranberry orange.  Sigh.



These actually use fresh, whole, unsweetened cranberries.  They're everywhere this time of year, although if you're not paleo you could probably sub the sweetened/dried variety too.  


Ingredients:


2 large eggs
¼ cup honey
3 Tbsp. Coconut oil
1 Tbsp. Coconut milk (the canned variety)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups almond flour
½ cup tapioca starch
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. sea salt
3/4 c cranberries
4 drops wild orange essential oil OR zest from one orange

For me, this made about 10 muffins, 12 small might be doable as well.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes (mine were done in about 22).




No comments:

Post a Comment