Monday, March 19, 2012

Dreadlocks, and more craftiness

So I came to the realization that by using natural cleaners on my hair instead of shampoo (I usually clean with baking soda) I was fighting against my hair forming dreadlocks. I was constantly brushing it to keep it from matting and it was forming into thick locks throughout every day. I have always loved dreadlocks, and didn't have them because of working in a "professional" setting. It hit me out of nowhere, hey, I'm a work at home mama and student, why can't I have dreadlocks? So I did some research, did a good cleanse to strip my hair, twisted them up in a semi-uniform way, and am letting nature take its course! Sadly, I'm excited about the new wool opportunities, headbands, tams, wool dread extensions (yes I'm pathetic).

Tomorrow is my last final for winter term - spring break starts, and I have all kinds of dye schemes cooked up, I'm hoping to ACTUALLY stock my Etsy for once by the time break is over, plus prototype some new colorways! Oh and start a new pair of socks, my January pair finally got done, and they are my new favorites!

Since I don't have a picture handy of my socks (since yeah they went straight on my feet and are in the wash) here is a picture of Pixie in her handspun longies I shared earlier. This little booger decided today she would start walking, even though she's only 9 months old :(

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment