Monday, April 9, 2012

Natural Dreads, and posting my socks

Backtracking to my finished socks, which might be my new favorites, I need to get pictures up! They are so comfortable, it's a good reminder of why I am addicted to handknit socks (handknits in general I should add!) I did start a new pair, which I think are going to be great, it's my first pair for me on yarn I dyed myself - yep I'm actually using my OWN STUFF!

Photobucket

I'm today on my 27th day of letting my hair form dreadlocks. I have a very love/hate relationship going right now with it. I hate the frizz, I love where it's going, I wish I loved how it is right now, but I don't. Pi absolutely loves it, especially the beads, and tells me he wants dreads too. Pixie thinks it's fun rope to pull on when I am trying to sleep in the morning and she's hungry. Little by little though, I can see the direction it's going and I'm glad I decided to do this. I can't wait to add in some wool dread extensions or wraps too, I'm already plotting what of my own dyed roving I can set aside for fun with my hair.
Over the last few weeks I've been doing a LOT of dye work, I'm going to be adding some to my etsy. I'm really proud of how it all turned out so I'm going to share, since most of this won't be listed.
Photobucket
Spring Rainbow
Country Liqueur BFL

And of course, I'm working on socks during downtime at school. My progress on my SELF DYED socks:
Photobucket I feel like I'm on to something here :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mindy! I got your email about my blog tuts not working. I was moving the site. They should all work fine now. I couldn't figure out another way to contact you, so I'm hoping a comment on your blog will do it. Let me know if you have any problems accessing them. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete